Friday 21 October 2011

My Califonian Bungalow







During the year we decided that we would sell and find something that suited our work and family lifestyle. Unfortunately for us it turns out that there could not be a worse time to sell. Potential buyers are feeling very cheeky and we are not prepared to throw away this beautiful home.

I have to say I wasn't prepared for the invasion of privacy when you put a property on the market. To think people open cupboards and look in your walk-in is a bit much for me not to mention the discussions on what people think your property is worth. After 13 open houses you start to get pretty worn down and I hate having to tell the kids not to touch this and that. For a while we all camped in our room and used one bathroom to make it easier. Not sure if it did, but it felt right at the time. If anyone is selling and wants a really good whinge I promise to listen and sympathise.













Maybe we need to rethink our plans. If we stay we will then go through a renovation and put in a new kitchen, laundry, study and one or two more bedrooms. We are lucky that we have a lot of possibilities with the current floor plan to either stay on one level or go up. The other thing we have found out after talking to builders is that we are fortunate to be about a meter of the ground so there is easy access for plumbing etc. We have already gone through the design process and have been thrilled with what our draughtsman presented us. Ascot Living consulted to him on some of the functional areas of the house to make sure we really got the plans right. The plans are up to elevation stage.

I have posted a few photos to look at.  We live in an incredible street with wonderful neighbours and enough kids to keep everyone entertained for hours.

I guess we will wait and see what happens. I will keep you posted.

Last day of the week. Father/daughter disco at school tonight so the girls have been planning all week what they are going to wear. Very cute!


GJ



3 comments:

  1. I need you here in Townsville to style my house! Your house looks fantastic. Sounds like a renovation is a good solution & being on stumps does make a reno a lot easier. We are returning to Brisbane in January & I don't think the market here is too fantastic so we will most likely rent our Townsville house. I would rather sell:( KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much KP for your support and encouragement. Being new to blog land is daunting at times. I love your house and thought it was a great coincidence that we both live in blue and white bungalows. I love your pool area. It looks like if flows beautifully off the house and must be well used in your balmy part of the world. Where are you looking at moving to in Brisbane. Let me know if I can help in any way. GJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi GJ, Your blog is beautiful. I was very daunted by blogging, I really just start for my family to see what we were up to being so far away.

    I love the blue & white. Originally I was going to change the colour to all white, I am glad now I didn't. We are moving back to our old house in Wavell Heights. Just before we left we had grand plans drawn up for a major reno. After this reno we are not ready for another one. I think we will just do a makeover, paint & new bathrooms. Have a great weekend. KP

    ReplyDelete