Wednesday 19 October 2011

Chandeliers




My obsession started fairly early on with these beautiful lights. Not many people had them in their homes when I was younger. When you start to travel and see the real beauty of these lights it is hard not to fall in love.


I am trying to find a photo of one that was in a cafe I went to in Turin, Italy ( I will keep looking and will insert it later on. Also if you havent been to Turin then I highly recommened it - loved this city so much). Besides the very cold bottle of beautiful champagne and a very feisty argument between a couple of staff my other memory of this extraordinary place was the chandelier. It was hung lower than I had seen before considering its vast size which I think added to the drama the light created. I really couldn't take my eyes of it.



I also wanted some chandeliers for home. I thought my daughter would like one in her room, and one could go in the entrance room but I have chickened out because of ceiling heights etc. I know there are rules regarding the size of your room and the size of the light and I just am not sure if at the end of the day if it is the right light for the room. I am now leaning more towards a more simple light but it also has a drop to it.



Maybe something like the one above?


More beautiful lights - these are big and bold!






I thought that this was really gorgeous. This coral light is better than a lot I have seen. Would love it in a beach house. Predictable I guess but I would still like it.

Hope you are all having a good week. I have a nasty eye infection so I am feeling a little miserable. I don't have time to feel awful at the moment as I have so much on.

Happy 70th birthday to my mother in law yesterday. We had a really lovely lunch with her girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment