Saturday 29 October 2011

Boys bedrooms - Where do I start?????

The boys current room

My boys are aged 9 and 4. My 9 year old knows what he likes. Unfortunately for me (or you could argue for him) he has a deep love for anything black and that looks more at home in a skateboard catalogue than in Vogue Living.

I have fallen in love with a bedroom that is featured on the pages of Serena and Lily. It is named the Fisherman's Quarters go to http://www.serenaandlily.com/Bedding/Boys-Bedding

Photo courtesy of Serena and Lily


You can just see the lights above the beds which are a real feature. Also love the paint colour. Serena and Lily supply paints and the colour that they have used behind the bed is called Wharf.



I like the nautical look of this bed linen.





 Clever use of space in a room that offers angles and ceiling height variances.


















Photo courtesy of Serena and Lily



Photo via VT Interiors Blog



Photo via VT Interiors Blog


There is no black in any of these photos but I thought that darker coloured walls will make it more masculine and a little older. At the moment my boys share so it is hard to create a room that suits the taste of a 4 and 9 year old.


So glad it is Saturday. Hope you all have a lovely day and that you are not too busy!

GJ


No comments:

Post a Comment