Thursday 13 October 2011

Entrance Gates

I found a picture of these gates from a property in the States. I fell in love and thought that I would spend the rest of the day daydreaming about having them as my own ( I would drop the ball on top of the side pillars and possibly use a stainless steel light fitting). Mind you I think that if it came down to choosing my own they could end up completly different as it would depend on the house, driveway, surrounding landscaping etc.




I have always loved the first impression that gates create especially when you can't see the house from the road. Driving around Italy you notice that some of the most impressive homes are surrounded by tall hedges as fencing/security and long driveways protected by the most incredible gates.You never see the house.


My dream has been, from a little girl, to live on a farm surrounded by horses and cows. The farm would have a long tree lined driveway with impressive gates. I am not giving up on this dream and I would love my children to experience the simple carefree existence that a farm can provide. I think that in the crazy world we live in it is an incredible privilege to raise children on a farm. I am not totally unrealistic with thinking that it is an easy existence as education and doctors etc are not around the corner but I do think rolling in mud, horseback riding and fishing in creeks outweighs the mod cons of today.




1 comment:

  1. Love the entrance gates, good luck with your dream. A farm sounds fabulous. KP

    ReplyDelete