Monday 17 October 2011

Front Door Envy


I love front doors that are painted to make a statement. I was rather boring and went for high gloss black but I have always been keen on a classic look.

I thought that maybe I could inspire someone to make a bold statement with their front door. Some of the colours are amazing. I found a photo of this beautiful entrance with a gorgeous pink blossom tree. Love the black iron fence and white light. Just gorgeous.

When in Italy I always come home with 90% of my photos being of front doors. I have been to Venice twice and I love the unique door and door furniture that you see when touring the canals.

Talking of Venice - I just found this photo of one of the gorgeous buildings on the Grand Canal painted pink with a pink gondola. I want to go back very soon! Venice is a very special place with many amazing memories. But I love everywhere in Italy!

The Baptistery doors in Florence are my all time favourite. The gold elaborate engravings are exceptional.










After our beautiful weather yesterday we have woken to grey sky's but no rain. Happy Monday. We are going to enjoy no school today.

 
GJ

No comments:

Post a Comment