Tuesday 25 October 2011

Beautiful bedrooms for tween/teen girls





For those of us lucky enough to have a little girl we understand how important their bedroom decor is to them. As they get older they seem to develop their own taste and style. The girls know what they like and what they don't. I am happy to listen to my daughters ideas of what she likes in her room. Notice the ceiling colour in the first photo. I really love it but my daughter would think that it was too much pink!!!!!!


I have fallen in love with the beautiful range of bedlinen form Serena and Lily. It is classic in style with a modern twist that still allows for it be incredibly stylish and pretty.

 Photos courtesy of Serena and Lily
Photos courtesy of Serena and Lily 






My daughter has had bunk beds in her room to help solve the issue of space. I want to get rid of these and turn her room into her own haven. My research uncovered a few rooms that offer different colour and style solutions. I will let you know what my daughter likes.




The geometric bedhead is a real statement in this room. They have used a number of colours that all work. This would be too modern in my house but I do like the statement the bedhead makes.




My daughter said that blue and green were her favourite colours. The colours work well in this room. I would give it a younger look to suit her but nice to see that these colours in the right tone are very pretty. I love the check in the bedskirt and sheer curtains.





This room is bold and fun. The hammock is a nice touch. I can imagine my girl curling up with a book or her ipad.



Clever use of colour in this room. The bold rug and wallpaper are softened by everything else in the room. It still remains feminine in essence.


This bedhead is amazing in style and colour. It is a great blue. The clear Louis Ghost chair by Phillippe Starck is well thought of as it does not allow for the room to get overcrowded. There is a lot in this room and I personally would like to see less furniture but the simpleness of the bed really draws the eye.


Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday. I am off to the Gold Coast. My poor mother had a fall and broken a couple of ribs. I think some soup and lots of love is required.

GJ

No comments:

Post a Comment