Saturday 15 October 2011

The colour green


Green has been a colour that I have pretty much detested my whole life (I am not meaning to offend anyone I am just expressing my own personal view). I am now facing the colour head on as it seems to be in shops and friends houses in abundance. In some instances I find that I can almost bring myself to like it. Do you like the colour green? Do our tastes change with age? Are our tastes dictated by the taste of others?

After writing an article with the heading "Don't be Afraid" I guess I need to listen to my own advice and embrace the new bold colours (particularly green). Maybe I just need to mix it with other colours to truly appreciate what green has to offer. (Told you I liked blue and white!)

I guess, in greens defence, the colour signifies the beauty of Mother Nature in all her glory.




My little ones are blissfully happy that they get a long weekend. Hope the weather isn't as bad as they are predicting! We were going to head to North Stradbroke Island(Straddie as it is affectionately known) but have decided that it may be better to be indoors at home.

My middle child has his placement exams for Nudgee Junior in the morning. I think we are all a little nervous. I just keep telling him that all we want him to do is try his hardest. It is a shame that young boys have to feel pressure and stress at such an early age. They get plenty of it later in life.

Enjoy your Saturday and stay safe. It is very wet at the moment.

GJ

No comments:

Post a Comment