Thursday 10 November 2011

Summer - we can't wait!!




Summer is just around the corner. The days are getting a lot warmer. What does summer mean to you?

For us it means hanging out at Kingscliff (in Northern New South Wales) eating  freshly peeled prawns  on the beach with a beautiful cold white wine.

My favourite part of the day is waking up and taking my cup of tea down onto the beach. I sit and watch the world wake up. The beach that the unit sits on is next to a sacred Aboriginal site. The Aboriginals are allowed to use this land in the way they have for hundreds of years. The beach is traditionally named Wommin but more recently Dreamtime and I feel that the Aboriginals called it this as they too appreciated the incredible beauty of the area. It is an area that they celebrated in and that had an abundance of food.

My kids are surf mad. They love going in and trying to stand on their foam boards. My daughter is the keenest in the water as she could be in it all day long. 






This is Coco or the "old lady" as we affectionately call her. Even she is water crazy.




Can't wait for school holidays and hanging out at the beach.


GJx

1 comment: