Wednesday 9 November 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

Liz Williams Christmas House


As a traditionalist and coming from a long line of traditionalists much fanfare goes into organising Christmas day and the presentation of the table.


I just adore the first photo. It is a very elegant table that isn't overly cluttered.





Because I am a traditionalist by nature I find I am rather boring/predictable when it comes to colours to use for the table. As my children are still young I find that red is such a symbolic colour for this time of the year and I that I steer to it every time. (Note my photos that I have posted - not a lot of red - maybe I am broadening my tastes).


Two years ago I had 22 for sit down lunch and 26 for dinner. We did turkey, ham, pork,  baked vegetables, gratin of cauliflower, broccoli with pancetta (so yummy), a very decadent carrots in Cointreau just to name a few. I am also requested year after year to do my orange, rocket and pine nut stuffing. I will dig out the recipe and share it with you as it is perfect with Turkey and is a lighter stuffing. Luckly it was a fairly mild Christmas day by Queensland standards!



Photo courtesy of Completely Coastal
I will keep on posting more inspirational pictures for Christmas as they come to hand.

Happy Wednesday. Swim trials this afternoon so my girl is a little nervous. She has put in a huge effort and I am hoping for her sake she does a good breaststroke time.

I have a crazy day so better go and get stuck into it.

GJ







No comments:

Post a Comment