Tuesday 1 November 2011

Melbourne Cup



American - Melbourne Cup Favourite


I am an avid lover of horses. I love their intelligent eyes and their loyal hearts. They are an amazing animal. I have had three in my life. All very different personalities.

My husband wonders how with this incredible love for such a magnificent animal that I can enjoy the Melbourne Cup. I have asked this question of myself. How does a horse lover tolerate the racing industry? Well I can't truly reason it my self. Part of the problem is that I understand the breeding that goes into a racehorse and that they are literally born to run and most seem to enjoy it. The other thing is that if you have ever been to a Melbourne Cup it is a magic day out. Your head spins at all the sights (some beautiful, some bizarre and others scary). The thunder sound of the hooves, the waft of horse and the colour of the jockey silks makes it a day to remember not to mention all that champagne.



Today I think should be a celebration of all horses, great and small and their contribution to man.

Lets drink to that.


Hope you have a wonderful Melbourne Cup.


GJ


No comments:

Post a Comment