Monday 7 November 2011

Friendship




This has been the year for me to truly understand the meaning of friendship and to define my friends into categories. It may sound ruthless but with the last couple of years being very difficult for me I have learnt some invaluable lessons about my circle of friends.


I am beyond fortunate to be able to have three amazing and truly special friends who I have known since grade one at school. We all have a very special bond and do truly love each other without judgment or motive. We are incredibly lucky. I also have another friend who I met during my final two years at boarding school in Toowoomba. She too is an incredible person who has been an amazing support. I love all of these girls so much. Thank you and you know who you are.




I have found myself thinking about friendships and what it means to people to have friends. Some people seem to be all about how many people they know with no concern about the quality of friendships they surround themselves with. Other people have truly deep and special bonds with their friends but will only have a few that they put effort into. I have always been the later type but I don't think there was ever a conscious thought process about that. It just happened. I did go through a stage where I did surround myself with many people and everyone of them has eventually let me down. They have been terribly judgemental, rude and you could argue that they are adult bully's.

My beautiful friends have all had a particularly difficult few years as well. Some more than others! We have all been on the journey of a lifetime and some have done it in public arenas and some have done it without anyone else knowing. As I said I love you.

I am dedicating today to all the beautiful friendships that exist. Thank you for being there for others.

That's an interesting way to start the week but after little sleep and much reflection I thought that if I express it in my post it may take a load of my mind.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

GJ

No comments:

Post a Comment